The Association for Cultural Enterprises (ACE) and Publishing
Scotland (PS) are hosting a Publishing Study Day in Glasgow for
members. It's aimed at organisations with publishing arms including
museums, galleries and libraries.
It's a members only event and places are free
for ACE and PS members.
Book your place using the online BOOKING FORM.
Topic: Publishing Study Day
Date: Thursday 2 November 2017
Venue: Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, Argyle
Street, Glasgow G3 8AG
- 10.00-10.30: REGISTRATION AND REFRESHMENTS
- 10.30-11.05: Recent success stories - Declan McCarthy,
- 11.05-11.35: Selling titles to heritage outlets - Matthew
- 11.35-12.05: Rooted in the Past: A tale of two publications -
Susan Pacitti, Glasgow Museums Publishing
- 12.05-12.15 BREAK
- 12.15-12.45: Blackwell's and Wellcome partnership - Marion
Akehurst, Blackwell's at the Wellcome Collection
- 12.45-13.00: Case Study: Bringing Museums to Life: A Publishing
Partnership - Chani McBain, Floris Books
- 13.00-14.00: LUNCH
- 14.00-14.30: What works for an independent bookshop -
Mairi Oliver, The Lighthouse bookshop
- 14.30-15.00: Cover design panel
- 15.10-16.00: Workshops and Close
This event took place at the City Art Centre in Edinburgh. Talks
and discussions included marketing updates, case studies, setting
up and pitching to book festivals and Waterstones. See our Publishing Study Day listing.
The inaugural event in 2015 at the Scottish National Gallery in
Edinburgh was a great success. For last year's programme and
speakers, see our Publishing in the Heritage Sector listing.