Edwin Morgan 100: Co-ordinator
2020 will see the hundredth anniversary of the birth of Edwin
Morgan. The Edwin Morgan Trust aims to mark this centenary by
bringing together curators, creative artists and academics to
celebrate the poet's range of interests and ongoing creative
impact, and to provide opportunities for public engagement,
scholarship, knowledge exchange and new work.
The Trust is looking to appoint an experienced part-time
coordinator. This post will be 3 days per week over eight
months, based in Glasgow, with a start date as soon as
possible after interview.
- To function as point of contact between stakeholders involved
in the celebrations, scheduled to run from April 2020 to March
- To coordinate communication, scheduling, and planning of all
partners' events and activities.
- To assist in strategy building, administrative support,
fundraising, programme management, the developing of new and
existing collaborations and relationships, and to provide support
where required in all tasks relating to the preparation and
facilitation of stakeholders' centenary plans.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as point-of-contact to liaise and meet regularly with all
partners, taking responsibility for communication and sharing of
information, and provide feedback on progress;
- Create, manage, and disseminate a rolling update of proposed
and ongoing activities to all stakeholders; tracking the progress
of such plans to best harness resources, publicity, audience
awareness, and development opportunities;
- Help identify partners to produce a programme of events,
including activities planned by non-stakeholders, and across the
wider cultural sector;
- Work with steering group to identify potential relationships,
connections, funding opportunities, and collaborations across the
arts sector and beyond;
- Ensure all information is shared with sensitivity. Demonstrate
awareness of data protection and copyright legislation;
- Work with artists and organisations to commission new creative
responses to Edwin Morgan material;
- Assist with administration, publicity, permission and copyright
clearance for the proposed Morgan exhibition;
- Work closely with the steering group to establish goals and
ensure they are achieved.
- Establish and maintain agreed timetables and budgets.For
details of the job, and how to apply, see the Edwin Morgan Poetry
Apply by 9am on Monday 28 January
For more information and to apply, see the Edwin Morgan Award website.