HarperCollins: Campaign Manager
Job description / Person spec
Collins has been publishing educational and informative books
for 200 years. Throughout this rich heritage we have maintained an
impressive record in creating market-leading products across
various sectors. Our publishing for schools continues to deliver
up-to-date and engaging student resources and exceptional teacher
support to help schools tackle new initiatives and utilise the
latest technology. We produce resources for UK and International
curricula to support teachers and pupils at school and outside the
Scotland's leading educational publishers - Leckie have been
publishing resources for the Scottish education system for over 25
years, supporting teachers, parents and students with up-to-date,
high quality, authoritative classroom, homework and revision
Our Leckie team are looking for a
Campaign Manager to cover a period of maternity
cover in our Glasgow office. The role is responsible for delivering
successful, strategic marketing campaigns for the Leckie revision
and education lists that meet revenue targets across all sales
- Develop, write and implement marketing plans for revision, on
time and budget.
- Produce marketing campaigns that deliver core messages
creatively, targeting appropriate audiences with relevant messages
and appropriate use of design.
- Work with colleagues to ensure that campaigns make full use of
online marketing opportunities. Contribute to development of
divisional websites and plan and execute regular emails to
subscribers. Commission articles for the blog and develop social
- Provide marketing support to the sales team to support key
account activity, including trade catalogue, POS and setting up and
managing AMS campaigns.
- Work effectively with freelance marketers, designers, mailing
houses and other marketing service providers, giving clear briefs
and guidance to ensure that quality work is delivered to schedule
- Measure and report upon campaign performance.
- Develop a deep understanding of your market and the issues that
effect and influence your customers.
- Support the school sales team with ongoing lead generation,
effective materials and sales initiatives as required. Present
product and marketing campaigns to the sales team as required.
- Raise purchase orders and maintain budget records, ensuring
that campaigns are not overspent.
- Plan, organise and attend events and exhibitions as agreed with
the team and in line with strategic aims of the division. Look out
for and suggest new events or opportunities that we should be
- Established marketing expertise, ideally developed in the
education, academic or professional sectors
- Proven track record in managing campaigns utilising all
elements of the marketing mix - direct mail, online, PR,
- Excellent copy writing skills and the ability to produce
concise and persuasive copy
- Well-organised with the ability to prioritise and meet
- Able to supervise freelancers effectively through clear
briefing, setting expectations and feeding back constructively and
- Use initiative to develop new ideas and solve problems
- Ensure that all marketing output is customer-focused and
responds to key market trends and initiatives
- Solid experience of email marketing and other online marketing
- Strategic thinker
- Team player
Please apply via the link on HarperCollins website with your
CV, cover letter and salary expectations. Early applications may be
Please note: We consider all applicants based on their skills,
experience and ability to do the job. We do not unfairly
discriminate on the basis of convictions or other personal
information. We do require candidates to undergo employment
screening in accordance with the relevant local legislation. This
will only happen at the point an offer of employment is made.
Our mission at HarperCollins is to harness the power of great
publishing and to amplify it through world class marketing, global
strength, and relentless innovation. We are all working towards the
same goal, and we do it guided by what matters most to us. The
culture at HarperCollins is defined by our six values, which inform
our everyday actions and the way we behave. From Finance to
Editorial, our values shape the way we work.
PUTTING OUR AUTHORS AT THE HEART OF EVERYTHING.
Their success is our first concern.
WORKING TOGETHER. Sharing responsibility,
helping colleagues, listening well, embracing difference, and
enjoying what we do.
LEARNING & ADAPTING. Taking smart risks,
learning from experience without blame and being both curious and
willing to change.
LOOKING OUT AS WELL AS IN. Understanding the
consumer, the marketplace and the competitive environment.
LEADING NOT FOLLOWING. Staying ahead, looking
to the future, being bold and always aiming to be the best.
INTEGRITY IN ALL WE DO. Timely, open and honest
communication, being fair, principled and respectful.