HarperCollins: Editorial Project Specialist
Job description / Person spec
Collins has been publishing educational and informative books
for almost 200 years. Throughout this rich heritage we have
maintained an impressive record in creating market-leading products
across various sectors. Our publishing for schools continues to
deliver up-to-date and engaging student resources and exceptional
teacher support to help schools tackle new initiatives and utilise
the latest technology. We produce resources for UK and
International curricula to support teachers and pupils at school
and outside the classroom environment.
Our Collins Learning team are looking for an Editorial
Project Specialist for a 12 month fixed-term contract to
operate as an agile editorial resource, completing a range of
editorial and desktop publishing tasks, as directed by the
Operations Manager or Managing Editors, across a wide and ever
changing range of projects within the Home Learning, Reference and
Languages areas of the business.
- Undertake general editorial work across range of products
- Undertake desktop publishing across range of products (design,
- Undertake specialist editorial work in cartographic, languages
or educational product.
- Engage and manage external suppliers to deliver specific key
editorial, typesetting and design
- Undertake any pre-press work and specialist production work to
enable final (print or file) supply
- and archiving
- Time management and prioritisation to manage a portfolio of
projects at the same time
- Project management experience
- General editorial (proofreading, copyediting) experience
- Desktop publishing (design and layout) experience
- Digital publishing experience
- Knowledge of cartography,
- Solid knowledge of linguistics
- One or more foreign languages
- Adobe Creative Suite skills
- Skilled editor, eye for detail
- Strong communicator
- Calm under pressure
- Proactive problem solver
- Organised and able to prioritise and manage time
- Interest in Geography, Languages or Education
Please apply via the link on the HarperCollins webiste,
with your CV, cover letter and salary expectations. Early applications may be
Please note: We consider all applicants based on their skills,
experience and ability to do the job. We do not unfairly
discriminate on the basis of convictions or other personal
information. We do require candidates to undergo employment
screening in accordance with the relevant local legislation. This
will only happen at the point an offer of employment is made.
Our mission at HarperCollins is to harness the power of great
publishing and to amplify it through world class marketing, global
strength, and relentless innovation. We are all working towards the
same goal, and we do it guided by what matters most to us. The
culture at HarperCollins is defined by our six values, which inform
our everyday actions and the way we behave. From Finance to
Editorial, our values shape the way we work.
PUTTING OUR AUTHORS AT THE HEART OF EVERYTHING.
Their success is our first concern.
WORKING TOGETHER. Sharing responsibility,
helping colleagues, listening well, embracing difference, and
enjoying what we do.
LEARNING & ADAPTING. Taking smart risks,
learning from experience without blame and being both curious and
willing to change.
LOOKING OUT AS WELL AS IN. Understanding the
consumer, the marketplace and the competitive environment.
LEADING NOT FOLLOWING. Staying ahead, looking
to the future, being bold and always aiming to be the best.
INTEGRITY IN ALL WE DO. Timely, open and honest
communication, being fair, principled and respectful.