Literature Alliance Scotland: Trustees
Literature Alliance Scotland (LAS) seeks to
appoint two new Trustees and welcomes expressions of interest from
potential candidates - particularly from those with a specialist
knowledge of education, and Scots.
LAS is a membership organisation, which is committed to
advancing the interests of literature and languages at home and
abroad. It is Scotland's largest network for literature and
languages, bringing together writers, publishers, educators,
librarians, literature organisations and national cultural
Applications are invited from within and outwith the membership
The role of the Board of Trustees is to determine the overall
strategic direction of LAS, monitoring progress towards our
objectives and taking collective responsibility to ensure the good
governance of the organisation.
Our Board meets four times a year. Trustees will be expected to
prepare for and attend these meetings as well as our AGM. Board
meetings, which usually last around two hours, take place
immediately after Members' meetings, which are held during a
working day. The positions are unpaid.
- A sound knowledge of and passion for Scottish literature and
- Familiarity with the principles and practice of leadership and
- Knowledge of the principles of corporate governance.
- Active involvement with Scottish literature and languages in
one or more fields. We would especially welcome a specialist
knowledge of education, and Scots
- Experience of making strategic decisions at board level
- Acquaintance with leadership and management within the public
- Familiarity with working collectively and in partnership
- Experience of financial management and the ability to assist
with budget preparation.
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties,
responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- Strategic thinking and problem solving
- Strong ambassadorial skills
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Excellent spoken and written communications skills.
If you would like to join our Board, please send a CV and a
short letter to LAS Chair Peggy Hughes on firstname.lastname@example.org telling
us why you'd like to get involved and what you think you can
The deadline for applications is 23
For further information visit http://literaturealliancescotland.co.uk/las-seeks-new-trustees/
For further information, please contact email@example.com (Peggy
Hughes), or visit http://literaturealliancescotland.co.uk