Lomond Books: IT and Operations Manager
Are you a talented IT professional interested in being a key
player in a small successful organisation? If the answer is yes
we'd love to hear from you.
Lomond Books Ltd is Scotland's leading book
wholesaler. We are also a publisher and distributor offering a
unique and bespoke service to our customers selling books,
calendars, maps, postcards, greetings cards, fridge magnets and
toys to a varied range of trade customers in the tourism, heritage
and gift market. We have an absolute commitment to our
customers and making it easy for them to do business with us.
This is a key role at senior level within a small organisation
providing a direct contribution towards achievement of the
company's strategic and operational objectives. You'll be confident
handling all aspects of routine IT matters yourself plus be able to
look after multiple websites and social media platforms. You will
be creative and forward thinking and be able to review current
systems and suggest and implement improvements and process
refinements. One of your key roles will be to research and specify
a new ERP system and co-ordinate the delivery and ongoing
- Provide IT support and guidance to office colleagues and remote
- Work with third party suppliers to deliver system support and
- Management of on-site and field IT equipment to ensure reliable
- Day to day management of company websites and servers.
- Build and maintain high standards of network and data
- Responsibility for the IT strategy, procedures and the IT
- Research, specify and co-ordinate delivery of planned upgrades
- Point of contact for arising operational matters when directors
Skills and experience:
- Three years of proven experience in an IT support role.
- Technical knowledge of Windows servers and applications;
Exchange, AD, SQL, common services.
- Technical experience supporting Windows desktops and remove
- Business applications primarily Microsoft Office.
- Good understanding of databases and data migration using SQL,
MS Access, Sage, EDI.
- Good understanding of common web technologies including
- Solid experience of supporting critical business applications
and platforms in a commercial environment.
- Demonstrate strong analytical, technical and problem solving
- Have a pleasant, approachable attitude and the ability to
collaborate effectively with others to drive forward the key
objectives of the company.
- Be able to handle the pressures of a seasonal business and
manage multiple priorities with ease.
- Be creative and able to bring ideas and energy to introducing
new concepts and innovations.
- Self-motivated and pro-active with a service-orientated mind
- Must be comfortable taking responsibility and making decisions
at a senior level.
Expected salary in the range of £30k to £35k dependent on
experience. More may be available for an exceptional candidate.
Laptop, annual training allowance and monthly contribution to home
If you're interested in joining the team please apply by email
to Jackie Brown, Managing Director at email@example.com with a covering letter
telling us a bit about yourself and what you can bring to the role
and attach your current CV. A telephone call will be the first
stage of the interview process so please include a contact number.
No agencies please.
For more information, visit the Lomond Books website.
Closing date is Friday 23rd June