Sharon McTeir, Creative Publishing Services
Design and typesetting:
- I have 20+ years experience in designing and typesetting books,
including fiction, non-fiction, reference, educational and foreign
- Other subject areas include: art, craft, gardening,
environmental, puzzles, poetry, novels, biography and different
types of books for children.
- I typeset in Adobe InDesign and Arbortext 3B2.
- I can work from a variety of original data formats including
Word, Excel and coded data like XML.
- I work with a variety of plug-ins for InDesign when typesetting
scientific and maths projects, and right-to-left languages.
- Good understanding of automation techniques including grep
functions, and the creation of templates.
- I have worked on a number of publishing-related branding
projects - books, logos, stationery, website etc.
- Experienced in clearing print/digital rights and negotiating
fees/rights from a wide variety of sources, and have a large list
of industry contacts.
- Commissioning of illustrators and photographers.
- Very experienced in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
- Metadata input.
- Can work with publishers' in-house DAM systems, including
- Experience of visiting organisations to explain how copyright
and image permissions work.
Languages I have experience in typesetting:
English, Scots Gaelic, French, Spanish, Italian, German,
Portuguese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, Hindi,
Norwegian, Polish, Latin, Greek, Romanian, Ukrainian, Indonesian,
Turkish, Russian, Thai, Hebrew, Turkmen, Kurdish.
Hodder Education, Harper Collins, Oxford University Press,
Edinburgh University Press, Rising Stars, Chambers, Harrap,
Canongate, Birlinn, Bloomsbury, Larousse, Houghton Mifflin, Leckie
& Leckie, Whittles.
Tel: 07802 834 670 (mobile) / 01896 822 289