Book Industry Communication (BIC) announced the appointment of Ruth Jones, Director Global Sales, Digital Services at Ingram Content Group as Chair of its newly formed Board of Directors. The new board is one of a number of changes at BIC following an extensive governance review which focussed on re-shaping BIC in order to create an agile, responsive organisation that reflects the diversity of the current book industry and delivers a greater sense of ownership amongst the BIC membership. It replaces both the Executive and Operational boards which have now disbanded and means BIC members will have a greater say in BIC’s strategy and schedule of work as they will now be eligible to nominate a suitable representative from within their own organisations for election to the new Board of Directors.
Speaking of her recent appointment Ruth Jones said: “I am delighted to become Chair of the BIC Board as we transition to a new structure. The book supply chain needs to develop best practices to respond to new business and environmental challenges. It’s exciting to be a part of BIC’s focus on addressing real problems and affecting change though collaboration with its members.”
The directors of the new board are as follows:
- Graham Bell, Executive Director, EDItEUR
- Simon Ellison, Merchandising Director – High Street, WHSmith
- Gareth Jarrett, Director of Book Publishing Services, Taylor and Francis
- Natalie Jones, Head of Programmes, CILIP
- Ruth Jones, (Chair), Director Global Sales, Digital Services, Ingram Content Group
- Dr Cordelia Rogerson, Head of Collection Care and Metadata Management, The British Library
- Fraser Tanner, Managing Director, Batch Ltd and a Director of the Booksellers Association Group Ltd
- Karina Urquhart, Executive Director, Book Industry Communication Ltd (BIC)
- Jon Windus, Head of Product Leadership, Nielsen Book
For more information, see the BIC website.