A book published by small Edinburgh independent publisher Fledgling Press – The Wolf Hunters by Amanda Mitchison – is one of the five titles shortlisted for the Bloody Scotland Scottish Crime Debut of the Year 2022.
The full shortlist is:
- Welcome to Cooper by Tariq Ashkanani (Thomas & Mercer, Amazon)
- Meantime by Frankie Boyle (John Murray).
- The Wolf Hunters by Amanda Mitchison (Fledgling Press).
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer and The Fighter by George Paterson (Into Books).
- Hear No Evil by Sarah Smith (Two Roads).
The Bloody Scotland Debut Prize was launched in 2019 and two of the early winners, Claire Askew and Deborah Masson have this year graduated to the longlist for the McIlvanney Prize.
The winner will be announced at a presentation on Thursday 15 September. For the first time the presentation will take place after the torchlight procession through Stirling in order that all shortlisted authors can take their place at the front. The procession will conclude with a formal event at The Albert Halls where the winners of the Bloody Scotland Debut Prize and the McIlvanney Prize will be revealed.
For more on the books and the festival, see the Bloody Scotland website.
Bloody Scotland is Scotland’s International Crime Writing Festival and takes place in Stirling. The 2022 festival runs from 15 to 18 September.