We are delighted to finally welcome to Scotland the Fellows who will be taking part in the sixth Publishing Scotland International Publishing Fellowship. They were originally due to visit in 2020.
The Fellows taking part in 2022 are:
- Dr. Cordelia Borchardt, S. Fischer Verlage, Germany
- Sarah Cantin, St. Martin’s Press, USA
- Nicolás Rodríguez Galvis, Éditions Métailié, France
- Esther Hendriks, De Arbeiderspers/Singel Publishers, The Netherlands
- Peter Joseph, Hanover Square Press/HarperCollins, USA
- Talia Marcos, Keter Books, Israel
- Jean Mattern, Editions Grasset & Fasquelle, France
- Andrea Stratilová, Albatros media, Czechia
- Mark Tauber, The Watermark Agency, USA
To read short biographies of each Fellow, download the Publishing Scotland International Fellows 2022 PDF.
Above from left to right: Jean Mattern; Dr. Cordelia Borchardt; Andrea Stratilova; Sarah Cantin; Esther Hendriks; Talia Marcos; Nicolás Rodriguez Galvis; Mark Tauber; and Peter Joseph. Photograph by Chris Scott – Chrisdonia.
The group will spend the week beginning 22 August in Scotland meeting Scotland-based publishers, agents and writers in a varied programme of events across the country.
The purpose of the visit is to help develop relationships between the international publishing community and the Scottish sector, facilitate rights selling and bring Scottish books to an international audience. Previous fellows have acted as advocates for the Scottish publishing scene. Prior to the pandemic, Scotland stand receptions at the Frankfurt and London Book Fairs were a hive of international activity as Fellows reconnect with the Scottish publishers.
The award-winning programme from the network, trade and development body for the book publishing sector in Scotland is supported by funding from the arts body Creative Scotland.