Public sector, school libraries, higher education institutions, further education colleges, health libraries and special interest libraries. They are where many of us discover new authors, knowledge and exciting new worlds. Lbraries are brilliant.
If you want to know more about libraries, have a look at the Scottish Library & Information Council (SLIC) website.
And here are just a few of the many different and great libraries in Scotland:
- The Scottish Poetry Library
- Glasgow Women’s Library
- Orkney Library (visited by JK Rowling for cake)
- Shetland Library (great rival – and friend – of Orkney Library)
- The Advocates Library (for lawyers)
- The Mitchell Library (Glasgow’s largest public library)
- Dunfermline Carnegie Library (award-winning building)
- National Library of Scotland
- Little free libraries (there’s a guide to many of the Edinburgh ones on the Exploring Edinburgh website)
- And of course – your local library (Scottish public libraries map)