We are delighted that Scottish legal firm Harper Macleod is running a new series of its popular free webinars for publishers. Jamie Watt at Harper Macleod is an expert in publishing law and other intellectual property. The webinars are a mixture of updates on core subjects like intellectual property and data protection along with some new topics including a guide to the publishing lifecycle and recruitment law. This event is the sixth in the series and focuses on the timely topic of using artificial intelligence in publishing contexts.
When: 12:00 to 13:00 on Thursday 8 June 2023
Format: Online (Zoom webinar)
Artificial intelligence tools, including ChatGPT and AI image generators, are being implemented into business workflows with increasing frequency, often raising ethical and legal questions about their use. This webinar will discuss both the practicalities and legal aspects of using AI-generated content, offering an overview of dealing with these complex and fast-developing tools in publishing contexts.
The webinar speaker will be filmed. Attendees will not be filmed. They can ask questions through the webinar chat functions.
Please click here to register in advance for this free event.
Registration is also open for the Harper Macleod Equality, diversity and inclusion webinar on Tuesday 20 June 2023, 12:00 to 13:00.
Harper Macleod 2022–23 series of webinars for publishers:
- Funding: Monday 26 September 2022 12:00 to 13:00
- A guide to the publishing life cycle: Thursday 27 October 2022 from 12:00 to 13:00 (note change of date)
- Factual publishing: Tuesday 22 November 2022 from 12:00 to 13:00
- Books and borders: Tuesday 13 December 2022 from 12:00 to 13:00
- Option arrangements: Tuesday 24 January 2023 from 12:00 to 13:00
- Intellectual property in publishing: Tuesday 25 April 2023 from 12:00 to 13:00
- Data protection: Tuesday 23 May 2023 from 12:00 to 13:00
- Artificial Intelligence in Publishing: Thursday 8 June 2023 from 12:00 to 13:00
- Equality, diversity and inclusion: Tuesday 20 June 2023 from 12:00 to 13:00