Becoming an Academic Editor – December
December 12 @ 10:00 am - December 15 @ 12:00 pm
Date : Monday 12 and Thursday 15 December 2022
Time: 10am to 12 noon (both days)
Format: Online (Zoom)
About the course
This is a new course delivered by Cathy Tingle and aimed at people who are moving into academic editing, particularly from an academic research background. Writing your own research paper, thesis or book is very different from editing other people’s, and this course aims to help you make the transition from academic to editor.
- Differences between academic research and academic editing
- How copy-editing works: principles and process
- Essential style points to establish
- Anatomy of a journal article, thesis and book
- Managing citations and references
- How to get the best out of authors
- Academic language and phrasing, and when and how to rephrase
- Common problems in academic text and how to fix them
- Tips for working like an editor
- Resources for academic editors
At the end of the course you will be provided with a comprehensive delegate pack and a list of useful resources.
The course will be run on Zoom in two sessions of two hours each.
Fees and booking
£100+VAT (PS and CIEP members); £135+VAT (non-members). Discount for BookMachine members (25%) with discount code.
BOOK AND PAY for your place on Ticket Tailor. Booking closes at midnight on Wednesday 20 April 2022.