Edinburgh International Book Festival
August 13 - August 29
The Edinburgh International Book Festival 2022 will take place from 13 to 29 August.
The 2022 programme was launched on 8 June and lists around 600 events featuring over 550 authors, performers, musicians and thinkers from 50 countries. See the press release on the festival’s website.
The Business of Books
Of particular interest to those in the book trade is the ‘pay what you can’ The Business of Books strand of events which includes:
- Beneath the Covers: Best Marketing Strategies of 2022 (13:30 to 14:45 on Monday 15 August) (hybrid)
- Shaping Scotland’s Stories: New Voices (11:00 to 12:15 on Monday 22 August) (in person)
- Scottish Spoken Word Showcase (20:30 to 22:00 on Tuesday 23 August) (hybrid)
- Call My Agent! The role of the literary agent (11:00 to 12:15 on Wednesday 24 August) (in person)
- An Introduction to Writing Children’s Books (14:00 to 15:30 on Thursday 25 August) (in person)
- Celebrating Inclusion (19:00 to 20:15 on Thursday 25 August) (hybrid)
- The Evolution of Young Adult Literature (14:00 to 15:15 on Friday 26 August) (hybrid)
- Writing for Children: Diversity and Inclusion (17:30 to 18:30 on Sunday 28 August) (in person)