Finding your ideal clients: a marketing course for freelance editors – March
March 13, 2023 @ 10:00 am - March 16, 2023 @ 12:00 pm
Date: Monday 13 and Thursday 16 March 2023
Time: 10 am to 12 noon each day
Publishing Scotland’s regular tutor Denise Cowle will deliver this course over two days, with a total of 4 hours of online time.
The online delivery platform is Zoom.
About the course
This course is aimed at freelance editors and proofreaders who want to develop their marketing skills to promote their business.
- defining your services and your target market
- building a brand
- developing your website and blogging
- using social media, directory listings and networking
- marketing yourself to publishers and packagers.
- marketing to non-publishers
Who should attend
Freelance copyeditors and proofreaders who would like to be more visible to their ideal clients.
Denise Cowle is an experienced non-fiction copyeditor and proofreader. She trained in copyediting and proofreading with Publishing Scotland and is an Advanced Professional Member of the Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading. She has been the CIEP marketing director since 2017.
EARLY BIRD FEE
Book by Monday 20 February 2023 on Ticket Tailor and pay a lower fee.
- The fee for Publishing Scotland and CIEP members is £100+VAT (£120 including VAT)
- The fee for non-members is £135+VAT (£162 including VAT). A 25% discount is available to BookMachine members. Insert the discount code at the checkout stage.
When Early Bird Booking closes, any remaining tickets will be available on Ticket Tailor at the full fee until Wednesday 8 March 2023.
- The fee for Publishing Scotland and CIEP members is £110+VAT (£132 including VAT)
- The fee for non-members is £150+VAT (£180 including VAT). A 25% discount is available to BookMachine members. Insert the discount code at the checkout stage.