Further Copy-editing – June
June 15 @ 10:00 am - 2:30 pm
Date: Thursday 15 June 2023
Time: 10:00 to 14:30 (with half hour break for lunch)
About the course
This course picks up where ‘Introduction to Copy-editing’ left off. It assumes that delegates have attended this course or are familiar with the methods and techniques it contains. Publishing Scotland’s regular tutor Cathy Tingle will deliver this 4-hour course in Edinburgh (at Scott House in Edinburgh city centre).
The course covers:
- recognition and resolution of common copy-editing errors
- handling complex texts, including references and illustrations/figures
- editing to meet legal requirements and to ensure inclusivity
- improving narrative while being respectful of and sympathetic to the author’s ‘voice’
CIEP upgrade training points
We are pleased to advise that Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading (CIEP) has confirmed this course is eligible for 2 CIEP upgrade training points.
Who should attend?
The course is suitable for those who have a basic knowledge and/or experience of copy-editing.
Cathy Tingle is our regular copy-editing tutor and has delivered both online and face-to-face training for us.
To find out more about Publishing Scotland, the course and tutor, visit the Publishing Scotland website.
EARLY BIRD FEE
Book on Ticket Tailor by Thursday 25 May 2023 and pay a lower fee.
- The fee for Publishing Scotland and CIEP members is £100+VAT (£120 including VAT)
- The fee for non-members is £135+VAT (£162 including VAT). A 25% discount is available to BookMachine members. Insert the discount code at the checkout stage.
When Early Bird Booking closes, any remaining tickets will be available on Ticket Tailor at the full fee until Friday 9 June 2023.
- The fee for Publishing Scotland and CIEP members is £110+VAT (£132 including VAT)
- The fee for non-members is £150+VAT (£180 including VAT). A 25% discount is available to BookMachine members. Insert the discount code at the checkout stage.
You may also be interested in: Introduction to Proofreading (May), Introduction to Copy-editing (May), Further Copy-editing (June, Edinburgh), Editing for Better Communications (October), Marketing your freelance business (November).