Further Proofreading – June
June 22 @ 10:00 am - 2:30 pm
Date: Thursday 22 June 2023
Time: 10:00 to 14:30 (with half hour break for lunch)
Publishing Scotland’s regular tutor Denise Cowle will deliver this 4-hour course in Glasgow (city centre venue to be confirmed).
This course picks up where ‘Introduction to Proofreading’ left off. It assumes that delegates have attended this course or are familiar with the methods and techniques it contains.
- checking a page proof for structure and layout
- dealing with widows, and with changes that could affect pagination
- collating the proof corrections of three other people and resolving their disagreements
- checking a revised proof to see that all the corrections have been made properly – and no new errors introduced!
CIEP upgrade training points
We are pleased to advise that Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading (CIEP) has confirmed this course is eligible for 2 CIEP upgrade training points.
Who should attend?
The course is suitable for those who have a basic knowledge and/or some experience of proofreading.
Denise Cowle is Publishing Scotland’s regular proofreading tutor.
EARLY BIRD FEE
Book on Ticket Tailor by Thursday 1 June and pay a lower fee.
- The fee for Publishing Scotland and CIEP members is £100+VAT (£120 including VAT)
- The fee for non-members is £135+VAT (£162 including VAT).
- A 25% discount is available to BookMachine members. Insert the discount code at the checkout stage.
When Early Bird Booking closes, any remaining tickets will be available on Ticket Tailor at the full fee until Friday 16 June 2023.
- The fee for Publishing Scotland and CIEP members is £110+VAT (£132 including VAT)
- The fee for non-members is £150+VAT (£180 including VAT). A 25% discount is available to BookMachine members. Insert the discount code at the checkout stage.
You may also be interested in: Introduction to Proofreading (May), Introduction to Copy-editing (May), Further Copy-editing (June, Edinburgh), Editing for Better Communications (October), Marketing your freelance business (November)