Harper Macleod: Data Protection
May 23 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
We are delighted that Scottish legal firm Harper Macleod is running a new series of its popular free webinars for publishers. Jamie Watt at Harper Macleod is an expert in publishing law and other intellectual property. The webinars are a mixture of updates on core subjects like intellectual property and data protection along with some new topics including a guide to the publishing lifecycle and recruitment law. The event is the ninth in the series and focuses on data protection.
When: 12:00 to 13:00 on Tuesday 23 May 2023
Format: online (Zoom webinar)
This webinar will provide an in depth guide to data protection law, so that those responsible for personal data matters in publishing organisations can ensure their knowledge is complete and up to date. It will deal with matters such as establishing a lawful basis for processing, data retention periods, data security (including cyber security), and dealing with data subject requests.
The webinar speaker will be filmed. Attendees will not be filmed. They can ask questions through the webinar chat functions.
Please register in advance for this free event: Harper Macleod website.
Registration is open for the Harper Macleod 2022–23 series of webinars for publishers:
- Funding: Monday 26 September 2022 12:00 to 13:00
- A guide to the publishing life cycle: Thursday 27 October 2022 from 12:00 to 13:00 (note change of date)
- Factual publishing: Tuesday 22 November 2022 from 12:00 to 13:00
- Books and borders: Tuesday 13 December 2022 from 12:00 to 13:00
- Option arrangements: Tuesday 24 January 2023 from 12:00 to 13:00
- Recruitment law: Tuesday 21 February 2023 from 12:00 to 13:00
- Equality, diversity and inclusion: Tuesday 21 March 2023 from 12:00 to 13:00
- Intellectual property in publishing: Tuesday 25 April 2023 from 12:00 to 13:00
- Data protection: Tuesday 23 May 2023 from 12:00 to 13:00