Harper Macleod: Intellectual Property in Publishing
April 25, 2023 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
We are delighted that Scottish legal firm Harper Macleod is running a new series of its popular free webinars for publishers. Jamie Watt at Harper Macleod is an expert in publishing law and other intellectual property. The webinars are a mixture of updates on core subjects like intellectual property and data protection along with some new topics including a guide to the publishing lifecycle and recruitment law. This event is the eighth in the series and focuses on intellectual property.
When: 12:00 to 13:00 on Tuesday 25 April 2023
Format: online (Zoom webinar)
This webinar will provide a tour of intellectual property as it applies to publishing, from copyright to trade marks, through data protection, and to rights management mechanisms. It will inform attendees in simple terms on what they can and cannot reuse from other works, how clearances should be approached from a legal perspective, and how rights disputes and intellectual property infringement can be addressed, whether it be through reproduction of work text or brand theft.
The webinar speaker will be filmed. Attendees will not be filmed. They can ask questions through the webinar chat functions.
Please register in advance for this free event: Harper Macleod website.
Registration is open for the Harper Macleod 2022–23 series of webinars for publishers:
- Funding: Monday 26 September 2022 12:00 to 13:00
- A guide to the publishing life cycle: Tuesday 25 October 2022 from 12:00 to 13:00
- Factual publishing: Tuesday 22 November 2022 from 12:00 to 13:00
- Books and borders: Tuesday 13 December 2022 from 12:00 to 13:00
- Option arrangements: Tuesday 24 January 2023 from 12:00 to 13:00
- Recruitment law: Tuesday 21 February 2023 from 12:00 to 13:00
- Equality, diversity and inclusion: Tuesday 21 March 2023 from 12:00 to 13:00
- Intellectual property in publishing: Tuesday 25 April 2023 from 12:00 to 13:00
- Data protection: Tuesday 23 May 2023 from 12:00 to 13:00