How to Sell eBooks
March 28 @ 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
This session is part of Publishing Scotland’s Sales Bootcamp Training Programme
When: Tuesday 28 March 2023 from 11:30 to 12:30
Format: Online (Zoom)
In creating sales strategy for your books, it’s important to remember all formats, and eBooks offer different opportunities to gain new readers and sales. Hassan Ali, from Faber Factory will be delivering this session on vital information on getting the most out of your digital sales. He will cover:
- Setting your eBook list price. Find out what price points work best for certain genres.
- eBook promotional pricing. Discover how to use price drops in a strategic way.
- Retailer promotions. Learn how to access the opportunities to take part in retailers price promotions and which promotions work best for certain books and times of the year.
- Marketing options. Hassan will use a case study of Bookbub to underline other ways to reach your e-reading audience.
- Publisher’s considerations. Ascertain other issues which will feed into your eBook strategy, such as contractual obligations, print prices, and more.
About the tutor
Hassan Ali is the Manager of Faber Factory, a digital distribution service for over 100 publishers. He has worked in publishing for 5 years now, beginning at a small independent publisher in London with a relatively undefined job role, and so is familiar with the challenges faced by indies. While he now specialises in digital publishing, his role is still varied, ranging from retailer negotiations, technical onboarding of new client publishers, day to day operations, and sales strategy and promotions.
Publishing Scotland members can book their place now on Ticket Tailor.
About Publishing Scotland’s Sales Bootcamp Training Programme
Publishing Scotland has created a free sales training programme for our members, which we will host in hybrid and online events across early 2022. The sessions will cover best practice for working with the trade so that you build lasting and effective relationships. They will suit member publishers who have been in business for 7 years or less and for new members of staff in sales and marketing who have been working with more established publishers. The sessions are:
- Successful Pitching and Presenting in Publishing, Thursdays 9 and 16 February, 11.00–12.30 (online)
- Creating a Sales Strategy for Publishers, Tuesday 14 February, 11.00–12.30 (hybrid)
- Understanding Profit and Loss, Tuesday 21 February, 11.30–12.30 (online)
- How to Work with a Sales Team, Tuesday 28 Feb, 11.30–12.30 (hybrid)
- Sell More Books with Metadata, Tuesday 14 March, 11.30–12.30 (hybrid)
- How to Sell eBooks, Tuesday 28 March, 11.30–12.30 (online)
You may also be interested in Meta Advertising Essentials for Publishers on Wednesdays 25 January and 1 February which is being run for Publishing Scotland by BookMachine. The fee is only £35+VAT.