Twig Education: Content Editor
Contract: Initially fixed term for 6 months
with possible extension
Salary: circa £24,000 p.a.
At Twig Education we're passionate about STEM education and
we're passionate about digital.
Our reputation is based on designing and producing easy-to-use
teacher and student tools that engage students. These high-quality,
hands-on materials, assessments, multimedia and digital are
inspiring learners and teachers around the world. Our programs
allow for flexible implementation models for in-person and/or
virtual delivery of lessons.
Working closely with our collaborative "think tank" which
includes Imperial College of London, Stanford SCALE and classroom
specialists, we deliver award-winning, groundbreaking K-12 Science,
Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics education programs.
We are a dynamic company with a performance-enhancing culture
with a mission to provide access to high-quality education,
inclusion and equity for all students.
We are looking for an experienced Content Editor to work within
a team of editors and designers preparing a range of lesson
materials for print and web publication. The successful candidate
will have experience of editing hard copy and on-screen text and
take a careful, methodical approach to their work. They will be a
team player with excellent communication skills, and be able to
work to a tight production schedule. The ideal candidate will have
experience working on blended print and digital STEM materials for
elementary and middle school students. They will be able to work to
tight deadlines and high quality standards.
- Copy editing teacher and student materials.
- Carrying out a QC of texts, interactives, visuals and
- Preparing and populating spreadsheets of information.
- Carrying out a QC of films and preparing voice over
- Reviewing and implementing fact check comments and fixes.
- Managing individual workload in order to maintain tight
- Great attention to detail
- Strong editorial skills
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Team player
- Good analytical thinking skills and proactive
- Disciplined, yet flexible enough to adapt to changing
- Proactive approach, able to suggest changes and solve problems
with a "can do" attitude
- Ability to make recommendations and decisions confidently,
quickly and thoughtfully.
Think you might be right for this role? We'd love to hear from
To apply, please complete the Online Application Form on the Twig Education website, attaching a CV along
with a covering letter demonstrating the extent to which your
skills, abilities and experience meet the requirements of this
Closing date: 31 January 2021 but please don't
wait to apply as we will be looking at applications as they come