Bookshop Day 2020
30 September 2020
Show your love for your local bookshop by visiting it and buying
books there anytime but especially on Saturday 3 October 2020 which
is Bookshop Day.
Why Buy Books in Your Local Bookshop?
- You love books
- You may be about to make a purchase you'll value for the rest
of your life
- You'll be shopping on your local high street
- You'll be helping create local jobs
- You might just find a book you never knew existed
- You'll find great gifts for friends and family
- You can talk to real people about books they know and love
- You'll be part of your local book-loving community
Bookshop Day is part of the BOOKS ARE MY
BAG nationwide campaign run by the Booksellers Association to
celebrate bookshops. It also includes the Books Are My Bag
Readers Awards. At the centre of the campaign is the
iconic BOOKS ARE MY BAG tote bag (designed by Charlie Mackesy this
year). Since the campaign launched, over a million people have worn
a Books Are My Bag to show their love for their local bookshop.
If you want to find a bookshop near you, have a look on
the BAMB website.