Edinburgh University Press: Marketing Assistant (maternity cover)
Apply by 5pm on Friday 30th September 2022 for this full-time, fixed-term (12 months) position.
Edinburgh University Press is a thriving academic publisher of books and journals with an emphasis on the Humanities and Social Sciences. We are looking for a Marketing Assistant or Executive to join the team at our Edinburgh office for a full time maternity cover contract (up to 12 months).
You will ideally have experience of providing patient and friendly customer service in an author-, customer- or client-focussed role. You will work closely with our Marketing Managers to support campaign activity across our subject areas in books and journals. You will provide strong support to our authors: preparing and fulfilling review plans, creating flyers, coordinating blog submissions and answering general queries. Experience of working with MS Office and InDesign is preferred.
- Provide exceptional author care to book and journal contributors
- Deliver excellent administration and reporting
- Create asset and content material in line with brand and profile
- Provide support for list marketers
- Collaborate on team and project work
At EUP, we are building a culture based on the principles of creativity, communication and community, reflecting our values of aspiration, responsibility and collaboration. We place an emphasis on the care and respect with which we treat all our stakeholders, including our authors, editors, customers and our colleagues. We believe that working together as a team will give us the best chance of achieving our vision for EUP: connecting people and ideas to inspire critical creative thinking, offer new perspectives and shape the world we live in.
- Salary: £22,000–£24,200 (depending on experience)
- Full time, temporary (up to 12 months)
- Location: Edinburgh office (with option for days from home)
- Holiday: 40 days a year (including bank holidays)
- Flexible working options available
Closing date: 5pm, Friday 30th September 2022
Preferred start date: November 2022
For more information and to apply, see the Edinburgh University Press website.