Edinburgh University Press: Senior Commissioning Editor
Apply by Monday May 23rd 2022 for this position based in Edinburgh or remotely with regular attendance in the office.
If you have a proven track record of commissioning academic books and developing a profitable and progressive list we have an exciting Senior Commissioning Editor opportunity within the thriving Books team of Edinburgh University Press.
This role will look after the Literary Studies list, which is EUP’s largest list covering Shakespeare to Contemporary Literature, and American and Transatlantic Literatures to Avant-Garde Criticism and Black Literary Studies. The list has international standing and the new Editor will continue to grow the list on a global scale. The Senior Commissioning Editor will commission titles across a range of formats, including monographs, scholarly critical editions, reference, textbooks and trade titles.
The role can be based in Edinburgh or remotely with regular attendance in the office.
Responsibilities will include:
- Keeping ahead of the latest research trends and competition in the national and international market
- Commissioning and adding value to titles from a diverse range of new and repeat authors, editors and series editors to build a successful commissioning portfolio
- Achieving agreed signing, list revenue and Gross Margin targets
- Developing the editorial strategy to achieve the continued growth and reputation of the publishing programme
- Providing excellent author care throughout the publication process
- Managing budgets and the backlist
- Demonstrating awareness of the changing publishing landscape and the opportunities for digital growth and Open Access
- Working closely with colleagues in production, marketing and sales
- Line-managing the Literary Studies Assistant Editor
- Travelling internationally to attend academic conferences and industry events.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, bringing an enthusiastic and innovative approach to this commissioning role. They will be able to develop author networks quickly and will demonstrate a strong understanding of the international academic market. Experience of working in the US publishing sector and with US academics is particularly welcome.
EUP is committed to the values of equity, diversity, inclusion and accessibility and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
To request more info and apply, please contact Alice Bidetti at Inspired Search and Selection at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0203 762 2126. Please note, the closing date for applications is Monday May 23rd.