Imagine Learning Studios: Content Editor
Apply for this fixed-term position by Tuesday 6 June 2023.
At Imagine Learning Studios, our mission is to inspire aha! moments in students around the world. Previously known as Twig Education, our acquisition in 2021 by the largest digital curriculum provider in the US, Imagine Learning, allows us to invest more in our products and push ahead with our ambitious plans to expand even further. Together, we support educators in transforming the learning experience for young people with our innovative digital resources.
In our new chapter as Imagine Learning Studios, we continue to provide comprehensive and engaging multimedia learning experiences for students across a range of disciplines, including science, mathematics, English language, arts… and more! While our products have reached far and wide, we haven’t stopped growing – and we can’t wait to welcome more talented and passionate people into our team.
Want to come work with us? Our office is located in the heart of Glasgow’s bustling West End, where our story first began. Joining the team where you can cuddle our friendly office dogs (you can meet them here!) and where your contributions are valued. We’re proud of the culture we’ve built, from regular social hangouts to monthly payday drinks celebrations, join our team and help us transform the world of education!
Location: Glasgow / Hybrid
Reports to: Head of Editorial Services, Lead Development Editor, or Development Editor
Direct reports: No
Duration: 12 months project
The purpose of this role is to primary work on a variety of editorial tasks on the Twig Science state specific project, including standards correlations, evaluation rubric QCs, and new content copy edits, as well as carry out film QC for Twig Science Reporter and Illustrative Math.
Essential Job Functions
- Copy editing print and digital components to ensure content is of a high standard and has met the product requirements.
- Proofreading and applying the house style guide to correct grammatical issues and maintain consistency in style and tone of voice.
- Carrying out quality checks on films and preparing voiceover scripts to support the Production team in delivering high-quality media assets.
- Understanding the needs of IL Studios’ target users and adapting and improving content appropriately, so content is fit for purpose.
- Working collaboratively on projects with editors, graphic designers, producers, and other teams to ensure effective communication, knowledge sharing, and product alignment.
- Quality checking the work of typesetters and designers to ensure text and assets have been accurately reproduced.
- Reporting content issues and fixes in order for errors to be corrected during new editions or reprints.
- Carrying out editorial tasks for other teams as required (e.g., Production, Content Management & Delivery, Marketing) to ensure house style is maintained across all areas of the company.
- 2 years experience in the field or degree or member of a professional body of recognised graduate status.
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat
- Proficient in Google Workplace
- Proficient in Word, Office, and Excel
- Presenting and Communicating Information – The ability to proofread and edit content to make it appropriate for the end user (teachers and students), and check that the message/information is clear and can be understood.
- Attention to Detail and Quality – The ability to consistently produce error-free outputs, and be concerned with maintaining high levels of accuracy and quality.
- Ability to Manage Time – The ability to manage your own workload and prioritise tasks in order to meet project timelines and publication deadlines.
- Communication – Clear and thoughtful communication with colleagues to build and maintain productive working relationships and share knowledge.
- Analytical Thinking and Problem-Solving Skills, with an understanding of the impact on the project and when to escalate issues to your line manager or project lead.
- Information Seeking – The ability to interpret information and find workable solutions.
- Teamwork – The ability to work together with others in harmony.
- Being organised and proactive
- Expressing appreciation for coworkers
- Being open to feedback and criticism
- Taking initiative in problem solving
- Taking responsibility for mistakes
- Upholding high standards of work
- Practising active listening
- Being flexible and adaptable
- Knowing company’s policies and procedures
- Being inclusive – respect diversity and be respectful of the differences of others
- Self-awareness – ability to accurately assess and understand your strengths, weaknesses, beliefs, and personality in a way that enables you to pinpoint how they impact your behavior, yourself in general, and those around you.
What can we do for you?
We know what our staff are looking for when it comes to workplace perks. At Imagine Learning Studios, you can enjoy benefits such as having flexible hybrid working options, a relaxed culture where hard work is recognised, plus a generous holiday allowance (to name just a few!) Take a look at what else is in it for you:
- Competitive salaries
- Get moving with the Cycle to Work scheme (and enjoy discounts on shopping, travel and fitness!)
- Receive cashback on dental and optical with our Health Shield Cash Plan
- Great holiday allowance including your birthday off (and the chance to buy an additional 10 days holiday a year)
- Work in an attractive part of Glasgow, with close access to a nearby park, cafes and restaurants
- Collaborate with creative and open-minded people in an environment where you can develop your skills and knowledge
Equal opportunities statement
Imagine Learning Studios is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Think we’re the right fit for you? If you’re interested in a role that offers fulfillment and diversity, then please complete the Online Application Form, attaching a CV and cover letter that demonstrates the extent to which your skills, abilities and experience meet the requirements of this role.
Please note, applications which do not include both a CV and covering letter will not be considered.