Scottish PEN: Project Manager (Maternity Cover)
Apply by Friday 1 July 2022 for this part-time position.
Scottish PEN is seeking a capable and imaginative freelancer to provide partial cover for the role of project manager from August 1 to December 31 2022.
The working pattern is flexible, averaging seven days per month, offered at a rate of £125 per day plus any relevant expenses, for an anticipated monthly salary of £875. The organisation anticipates discussing opportunities available at the end of the coverage period with the successful candidate.
Although normally based at the Scottish PEN office in central Edinburgh, home working is an option and can be negotiated provided the postholder is available to attend key events in person.
Key requirements for this position include:
• High standard of written and spoken English
• Excellent organisational and time management skills
• Experience of managing social media accounts for a business or organisation
• Good understanding of issues around freedom of expression
• Familiarity with the literary environment in Scotland
Brief for freelance period:
• To provide effective support to, and coordinate the work of, the Board, campaign groups, members and volunteers of Scottish PEN
• To represent Scottish PEN and liaise with key stakeholders, partners and policymakers.
• To ensure the effective day-to-day running of the charity, including supervision of the work of the part-time Finance & Administration Worker
• To work with PEN officers, staff and volunteers to plan and deliver a crowdfunding project.
• To liaise with PEN International and coordinate activities of the “WISE” group comprising the PEN centres of Wales, Ireland, Scotland and England.
The postholder will be responsible to the Scottish PEN President and board of Trustees, and expected to produce reports for board meetings and funders. Attendance at board meetings (normally held every six weeks) is essential, also at the organisation’s AGM provisionally scheduled for Saturday 26th September.
The deadline for applications is noon on Friday 1st July.
Interviews are scheduled to be held on Friday 15th July
Location: All Scotland
The deadline is Friday 01 July 2022 at 09:00.