The knowledge bank
About the fund
The purpose of the fund is to assist Scottish-based book publishers to develop their digital offering and skills through access to marketing opportunities, events, training and consultancies.
Apply for round 2 funding by Friday 25 February 2022.
The application form for round 2 of 2021/22 contains the eligibility criteria and terms and conditions. To apply, please complete and submit the round 2 application form (Word document).
For enquiries about the fund, contact our Member Services Manager Lucy Feather.
Round 1 of the Go Digital Fund 2021 supported 11 Scottish publishers to the amount of £14,141 with the development of digital initiatives; ranging from new video functionality and ecommerce function on company websites, bespoke training, purchase of equipment, consultancy and digital marketing boosts.
About the Fund
The Go-Digital fund supports Scottish-based book publishers in bringing their books to a new digital audience. It’s administered by Publishing Scotland with the help of funding from Creative Scotland.
The costs that will normally be funded are:
- For digital marketing purposes
- For the services of a specialist/consultant
- For attending a digital event or conference
- For equipment and software necessary in supporting the digital project
- For attending a training course, or arranging an in-house training course on a digital theme
Publishers can claim costs up to a maximum of £1,500 per company.
CRITERIA FOR AWARDS
- As with any Creative Scotland funding, the quality of your publishing programme is important.
- Financial need.
- Type of publishing – priority will normally be given to publishers of fiction, children’s books, poetry, and selected non-fiction (normally of a cultural nature) but other types of publishing will be considered.
- Your company must be substantially based in Scotland.
- Self-publishers and publishing services companies are not eligible.