Publishing Rights professional with a proven track record of success and 24 years’ experience. Founder of Sharp Rights publishing consultancy and formerly group rights director for Hachette Children’s Group. Sharp Rights publishing consultancy offers a range of services covering rights, editorial and contracts with a focus on commercial and strategic opportunities within the book industry.
I have worked with publishers in pretty much every rights market during my career, have experience selling to special sales customers in the English language markets and was the digital director responsible for establishing the digital offering for Hachette Children’s Books from 2012 until 2016.
Services offered include:
- Selling sub-rights and coeditions
- Assessing the commercial viability of new projects
- Optimising the potential of backlist projects
- Consultation on publishing and rights strategies
- Research into specific markets and potential new areas of publishing
- Proof reading and copyediting
- Training on various aspects of the publishing industry, including sub-rights and coeditions, negotiation, acquisitions, and contracts
- Refinement of systems and processes, and reviewing resources
- I’m open to suggestions on any bespoke projects I might undertake