Doric Books is a Community Interest Company (CIC) which exists to benefit the Doric speaking community. Aaron Gale (author and illustrator) and Jackie Ross (author and storyteller) established Doric Books due to their shared passion for the mither tongue of the North-East of Scotland.
What We Do
- Publish books written solely in Doric.
- Provide an outlet for other Doric authors to sell their books via our website.
- Deliver Doric workshops and events in schools, care homes and other community settings.
- Work in partnership with local organisations to create new materials in Doric.
- To publish all kinds of Doric material for people of all ages.
- To be part of a world where Scots is fully recognised as a language and where local cultural identity and diversity is valued.