New Writers Awards 2023
Apply by noon on Wednesday 13 July 2022 for Scottish Book Trust’s annual award supporting emerging writers to develop their craft.
The awards are free to apply to, all travel expenses are covered and awardees are chosen by a panel of judges. We have an Access Fund to help support our awardees with any barriers they may face. The programme is flexible and we work closely with awardees to help them participate as fully as possible.
How it works
The Awards will run from January 2023 to January 2024. During the programme, awardees receive:
- A £2,000 cash award, allowing them to focus on their work (the bursary will be paid in two instalments, although we can be flexible about payment schedules if needed)
- Tailored personal development opportunities, which can include mentoring from writers and industry professionals
- PR, performance and presentation training
- The opportunity to showcase work to publishers and agents
- A week long retreat offering time, space and the freedom to create new work in idyllic surroundings (subject to ongoing circumstances)
The New Writers Awards will only go ahead in 2023 if Scottish Book Trust secure the funding required to run the programme. The retreat is also subject to circumstances and dependent on any applicable travel restrictions.
For full details and to apply, see the Scottish Book Trust website.