4 October 2021
Date : Monday 4 and Thursday 7 October 2021
Time: 10am to 12 noon (both days)
Format: Online (Zoom)
About the course
This is a new course, aimed at people who work, or want to work,
with academic texts.
- Anatomy of a journal article, thesis and book
- Essential style points to establish
- Citations and references
- What to check and how to check it
- How to get the best out of authors
- Academic language and phrasing, and when and how to
- Common problems in academic text, and how to fix them
- Resources for academic editors
The course will be run on Zoom in two sessions of two hours
Who should attend?
We would recommend that delegates take the Introduction to
Copy-Editing course first, to understand the principles of
copy-editing, before moving on to this more specialist course.
Cathy Tingle has many years'
experience in academic and business publications. She trained in
copy-editing and proofreading with Publishing Scotland under
Margaret Aherne and is now an Advanced Professional Member of the
Fees and booking
£100+VAT (PS and CIEP members); £130+VAT (non-members). Discount
for BookMachine members (25%) with discount code.
BOOK AND PAY for your place on Ticket Tailor. Booking closes at
midnight on Thursday 30 September 2021.
You may also be interested in Introduction to Proofreading (Feb) and Introduction to Copy-editing (Jan/Feb).