Editing for Better Communications
7 June 2022
Date : Tuesday 7 and Thursday 9 June 2022
Time: 10am to 12 noon (both days)
Format: Online (Zoom)
course - so useful. Lots of examples. The personal feedback was
very valuable too.' (Delegate, May 2021)
About the course
This course (previously called Editing for Non-publishers) is
aimed at people who don't work in a publishing house but who work,
or want to work, with documents that will be published in some form
- for example newsletters, brochures, handbooks or
- Principles of copy-editing and how they can help any
- Using structure to make things clearer
- What to check and how to check it
- Achieving consistency in documents that have a number of
- Common problems in text, and how to fix them
- Easy tips and tricks that professional copy-editors use.
Delegates will be asked to send in two samples of the sort of
text they work on, or hope to work on, for tutor feedback and
advice during the course.
The course will be run on Zoom in two sessions of two hours
Who should attend?
Anyone who produces documents and would like to improve
Cathy Tingle has many years'
experience in academic and business publications. She trained in
copy-editing and proofreading with Publishing Scotland under
Margaret Aherne and is now an Advanced Professional Member of the
Fees and booking
£100+VAT (PS and CIEP members); £135+VAT (non-members).
BOOK AND PAY for your place at Ticket Tailor. Booking closes at
midnight on Wednesday 1 June 2022.
This course runs again in October 2022.
You may also be interested in Introduction to Proofreading (Jan/Feb)
and Introduction to Copy-editing (Feb/Mar).