The 2020 Fellows
The sixth International Fellowship was due to take place in 2020
but has been postponed until 2022. The Fellows who will take part
in 2022 are:
- Dr. Cordelia Borchardt, S. Fischer Verlage,
- Sarah Cantin, St. Martin's Press, USA
- Johannes Engelke, Mosaik, Goldmann
- Nicolás Rodríguez Galvis, Éditions Métailié,
- Esther Hendriks, De Arbeiderspers/Singel
Publishers, The Netherlands
- Peter Joseph, Hanover Square
- Talia Marcos, Keter Books, Israel
- Jean Mattern, Editions Grasset &
- Andrea Stratilová, Albatros media,
- Mark Tauber, Chronicle Prism, an imprint of
Chronicle Books, USA
For more information about the Fellows, see the Fellows 2020
PDF with short biographies.
The group will spend a week in Scotland at the end of August
2022 meeting Scotland-based publishers, agents and writers in a
varied programme of events across the country.
The purpose of the visit is to help develop relationships
between the international publishing community and the Scottish
sector, facilitate rights selling and bring Scottish books to an
international audience. Previous fellows have acted as advocates
for the Scottish publishing scene. Prior to the pandemic, Scotland
stand receptions at the Frankfurt and London Book Fairs were a hive
of international activity as Fellows reconnect with the Scottish
The award-winning programme from the network, trade and
development body for the book publishing sector in Scotland is
supported by funding from the arts body Creative Scotland.
Download the full press release of 11 March 2020 (pdf).